Friday, January 11, 2013

I'm not a Runner. It's a fact.

Nor do I ever intend to be "a runner." But what I would like to do is be able to run a distance without walking/stopping/dying. You never know when the bad guys will be chasing you / when you have to chase the bad guys:


Yup, no breather breaks / time outs there.



One of my resolutions this year is to run one mile without stopping. I believe it will be an easy one to accomplish, but again, not a runner. (I have plans for once this goal is accomplished, but first things first.)

To help get me motivated and moving, I'm using the Zombie, Run! app with some Tool songs to play in the background. Nothing gets me jogging like this or this. So you go through this story about how your helicopter crashed and you grab the com unit and start running because the zombies are 100 meters away. 75 meters. 54 meters. KEEP RUNNING. Oh, and grab that water bottle you pass. Your music plays and quiets when the story comes up again. I did better than I thought; they didn't catch me. And I actually found myself getting into the story. Poor Com guy. Man, i felt bad for him. Sucks...

And so you become the new Runner 5, and move onto more Missions. 

I did 2.5 miles around the big neighborhood in less than 30 minutes and finished with a smile on my face. WHICH IS WEIRD. Because there was RUNNING. Not all jogging, and no sprinting, but parts where I was RUNNING. (And walking, obviously, but less than I expected.)

And the weirdest part: I'm looking forward to the next run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment