Sunday, October 18, 2009

I'll Never Buy Sushi Again

Okay, that's a lie. I probably will, but really, there's almost no need! (Except the raw stuff; I'm unsure about trying that.)

Using the Pioneer Woman's sushi chef as a guide, it was actually edible. And not just edible, it was good!
Yes, I'm aware that California Rolls are meant to be inside out, but those weren't very pretty so I switched to this method. Much tidier!

This was my second attempt (ever) at any sort of sushi. The first time was in my first apartment in Austin was it was so bad. Really, just so bad. Still have that rolling mat tho! This time, I used my new rice cooker (also a steamer- i could multi-task if i wanted to!). It was only $14. Spouts some messy liquid out the vent hole, and was sticky on the bottom, but overall, I'm pleased. I'll just aim the spout at the sink and use some non-stick cooking spray on the bottom of the pan, and then clean up should be a breeze. I think I really like the idea that I could add the rice and water, go workout for 30 minutes or so, and when I come back, the time consuming part of dinner could be ready.

What's your sushi-making experience? Got any favorite rolls I should try?
Leave me a comment. : )

2 comments:

  1. Update on Rice Cooker: I sprayed the bottom with Pam and there was no wasted rice stuck on the bottom AND it didn't sputter out the vent and make a mess this time. Perfect brown rice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job with the rice, Ash! Philadelphia rolls are my favorite. We also has a spicy crab roll last weekend. YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete