Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ack! The Full English in Austin? Yes, please!

So the "full English" is one of the most amazing meals/things *ever*. Had it a few times in England and in Scotland. Imagine my surprise and joy when I saw that there's a cafe IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD called Full English. (Okay, not exact neighborhood but close enough to ride a bicycle to should I be so inclined. (i am not.) you get the idea though.) I'm really wondering how i am just NOW finding this out?* It's off a busy road and you can see if when driving by! Madness.  But anyway, I know of it now and am thrilled.
One of the many cozy seating areas of the Full English cafe

We went there for breakfast today because, again, a Full English is, well, when done all out, it's B.T.S. ; ) This one wasn't b.t.s, but it was still pretty damn tasty!
Bangers, fried toast, roasted tomato half, tasty tasty mushrooms, fried eggs, and yummy salty bacon. $8.
 Turns out they also do a High Tea ($15/person) so I'll be doing that (soon i hope!) with mom.
Check them out HERE. (*Oh, and turns out they just had their official grand opening on the 25th so I don't feel so bad now. yay.)

Any one know where to get black pudding in Austin?  (The pudding at Fado in their Full English is pretty good.)

In other news...

Made these Saturday morning for inviting. An etsian said she liked my folded cards and was looking for something like that to frame for a newborn's room, so I came up with these. The pinks (shown) are a little larger than 5x7, and they're also printed on white cotton paper, gray cardstock, and a cool coppery-shimmery cardstock.

Tried making tempura veggies for the first time. A little difficult when the package has no english whatsoever. But I made it work, and wow was it yummy!! I did asparagus spears and avocado quarters. The avocado not so much, but the asparagus- très délicieux. So that, plus some ramen and edamame (not pictured) was dinner one night. Not the healthiest, but something new.



Have a great week, and don't forget you can purchase a letterpress printed bookmark HERE - all proceeds go to relief efforts in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment