Thursday, September 2, 2010

Cocktail of the Summer

Usually my summery drink of choice is a gin & tonic but this year it's been a Pimms Cup - Pimms No. 1 and ginger ale. That's it. Super simple, super good.

The first time I got drunk was actually with Pimms, in England. There it was mixed with a lemonade and fruit- delish. I just never have lemonade on hand but there's always ginger ale around. (Next up, making my own- I found a recipe and will try it maybe this weekend.)


 If you haven't had Pimms before, get thee to a liquor store. It's usually in the schnaaps aisle and a bottle's about $17. It's gin based and fruity. Fill a glass 1/4-1/3 with Pimms, add ice and top with ginger ale or fizzy lemonade. That's it! No special skills involved.

2 comments:

  1. Bon jour cheri fille! Le nouveau site est tres jolie!
    Etreintes et baisers! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a recipe for home-made ginger ale, too. Let me know how yours turns out

    ReplyDelete