Monday, November 21, 2011

The Carnival! The Carnival!

I probably won't be able to go this time, but I got so excited to see the carnival set up on 290W today. T and I would go to the one in San Marcos whenever it was there, even that dreaded last one*, senior year, and I even skipped my high school prom to go with a friend to the "Cornival" in Helotes. 

*So much motion sickness, but I kept riding. All of them. Fun! And yet. so. painful. Even the ride home. After that night, figured I should take Dramamine for the next carnival.

not my picture. found on pinterest; it's pretty.
But does this make sense to anyone? I do NOT ride roller coasters. The only one i've been on is Space Mountain in Florida, which I enjoyed - black lights and glow in the dark stars? Yes please!

Growing up in San Antonio, we watched The Rattler (largest, at the time, wooden roller coaster) being built, and I was convinced that they left off a screw. That's really my reason for not riding them- i'm so certain that there will be one of those freak accidents when I'm on them, so I just avoid them. It's the way it is. I'll ride "the swings" (apparently called a "whirligig" or "wave swinger") and the teacups/pool balls all day long, but no roller coasters. I even did that stupid dropping ride, but no roller coasters.

So if I'm so worried that the roller coasters, which have had thousands and thousands of riders, will crumble, why on earth am i okay with riding every carnival ride? You know, the ones that travel on a semi and are set up probably within a couple of hours? Does that make sense to anyone??

No comments:

Post a Comment