Monday, July 29, 2013

Cha-Cha-Cha-Cha-Changes

Well, I did it. I quit the day-job on Friday.

Had a small party that night, which served as a pretty good distraction: party planning outweighs almost all other concerns. :) A few now-former coworkers showed up which was very nice. Friends, family & drinks. All good things.

Didn't get a picture of the set up, but the evening's cocktail was The Paloma: tequila, grapefruit soda, and lime juice. Made it in the punch bowl so I didn't need to mix all night. Basically, in the punch bowl, 2 bottles of Jarritos grapefruit soda + 20 oz of tequila, and a thing of lime juice from the produce section. Sounds like a LOT of tequila, but it didn't taste like it. Also, used another bottle of the mexican soda to make the ice ring in a bundt cake pan. (Should have made two, as it melted pretty quickly.) But it was good. So refreshing!

And Sunday was my birthday. Happy birthday to meeee, I'm unemployed!



Met family and other friends at Opa! for sangria and Mediterranean snacks. Yum. Then birthday cake & ice cream at the house. (Trent made my cake; his first attempt! And it's totally edible.)

FOOD. Their feta was amazing. Everything was really good.

Trent, Ashley & Andrew: Family!

Joe & Laura, they're so great!

The lovely Chantal and me in my favorite party dress

More family: Mom! Looking semi-protective of her sangria.
I wasn't going to steal it, honest!
But now it's Monday, and I'm at work. But in my study at the new, creative full-time job, inviting!

Seriously, I have to make this work. Can't go back to working elsewhere! :)

Cheers~

No comments:

Post a Comment