Monday, October 7, 2013

ACL Weekend Fun

I was lucky enough to go to Austin City Limits' Music Festival again this year- went as my friend Ariana's +1 since her husband had to work.

We had SUCH a fun time.

Friday

Thao & the Get Down Stay Down
a little bit of Jimmy Eat World


We've been friends since we were ten!
Fun.
Vampire Weekend

Vampire Weekend
 Depeche Mode- one of my favorite bands!
Depeche Mode! Saw them in San Antonio several years ago but enjoyed it even more this time!
They didn't play Halo, which is my favorite, but they did play A Pain That I Am Used To so all is good.

 
Found on You Tube, "The Policy of Truth":


Vampire Weekend's Scott Baio was enjoying Depeche Mode
and was kind enough to take a picture with us afterwards!
Saturday
Still warm (pre-cool front) but a lovely day.
Deap Vally
HAIM
Lissie
The Joy Formidable
Passion Pit
The Cure
The Cure!!!!!!!! Absolutely Amazing. And somehow we made it up to the 4th row!
Smith's voice was perfect and bassist Simon Gallup was rockin' it.

Found on You Tube:
Sunday
Ms Mr
Franz Ferdinand
Saw Franz Ferdinand in 2004 on a much smaller stage. Once again, another fun show.
We drank wine, danced and talked through most of it!
Waiting for Phoenix after dinner.







Phoenix
Danced my little heart out, and helped numerous crowd surfers not fall.
Couldn't see much of the show due to the crowd but it was So. Much. Fun!
Wow.
Today, Monday, I'm achy, tired, a little sunburned and, yes, a little hungover, but very happy. It was a fantastic weekend and I had so much fun with my friend.

Cheers,
ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment