Saturday, November 23, 2013

Hot Cocktail Time!

It is cold in the house. Not cold-cold-turn-on-the-heater cold, but cold enough to be wrapped in a scarf and watch a movie with a blanket cold. Also cold enough to try some hot cocktails.

Today's drink: Hot Buttered Rum


Make the batter: 4oz good quality butter, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 1 tsp ground nutmeg, 1/4 tsp ground cloves, 1 cup brown sugar. Mix well. Put 2 Tbsp in glass/mug, add 6oz hot water; stir until dissolved. Add a shot of dark rum. (Recipe from The Art of Manliness)

Result: I'm sleepy. Not sure if it's all the butter or that I don't drink dark rum often (like ever) but I just want to close my eyes. It's tasty, but I feel guilty drinking it- all that butter and sugar. Won't be in heavy rotation, that's for sure!

How do you make yours?

Cheers,
ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment