Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Farewell 2013, It's Been Fun

Today is one of my favorite days of the year; tomorrow is another one. I like to sit back and look at the year's goals & resolutions, to see what I've achieved and what I failed miserably at. There's no self-hatred though, not this day. It's just a time to review and see if my heart was really in it, or if I just thought that I ought to do something even if it's contrary to my true self. And if it's worthwhile, I'll add it to this year's list and try different steps to achieve it. No big.


Looking at 2013's list, I did quit my job and take inviting full-time, just a little later than I hoped. (Goal was 5-17, my 10 year mark at the firm. Actual date was 7-26.) That was the big one. The rest, well, I got better at running but wasn't consistent. Exercise in general was hit or miss. This year will be better- aiming to log 500 miles. Another one was to clear out the clutter. It's an on-going struggle, but I've gotten better; am way more ruthless than I used to be. Finally started going through the crafting supplies. Will start another Donation box and work on filling it in January.

Capitalism Magazine has a couple articles about New Year's Resolutions: Happy New Year. Happy Life and The Meaning of New Years Resolutions.

So on with the lists! Have a wonderful New Year's Eve!
Cheers,
ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment