Wednesday, February 19, 2014

{In the Kitchen} Homemade Brownie Mix

Rather than picking up a cheap mix from the grocery store, I finally made my own mix to have on hand.
Yummy gooey brownies made with homemade mix to keep on hand.
Yum- super moist brownie. Least favorite words: portion control.
I looked online and started with one recipe, changed to another halfway through, and still made a couple more changes while baking. 

In an airtight container (or gallon ziplock bag), combine:
3 cups all purpose flour (i might sub 1/2 whole wheat next time)
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp salt (for baking I use LoSalt for reduced sodium)
3.5 cups white sugar
4 oz unsweetened cocoa powder (used my postage scale for measuring)
Mix well


When you're ready to bake brownies (hooray), preheat your oven to 350* and grease 8x8 (or your favorite brownie) pan
Mix:
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 Tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla (or peppermint extract, yum!)
2.5 cups prepared brownie mix
Stir until combined, pour into prepared pan, and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (25-30 minutes for me). Let cool.
Made tasty, fudgey brownies.
Next up, I'm going to try the mix with a can of black beans for "healthier" brownies, but I wanted to make sure the mix was good first. Will double the mix to keep in the pantry, though if I don't go through it in 3 months, it will live in the freezer with the fancy flours.

How do you like your brownies? Chocolate chips? Andes mint pieces? Nuts?

Cheers,
ashley 

5 comments:

  1. Mmm. Brownies. I loved the ones you made for girl's night awhile back. I wanted to eat them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks but these are better! I'll make them for the next girl's night. ♡

      Delete
  2. very good
    9th class notes
    http://notes.com.pk/category/notes/9th-class-notes/

    ReplyDelete