Tuesday, February 11, 2014

New Look + Handmade Items

So by now you've probably noticed the new blog header above, and logo to the right. I decided to start selling some of the items that I create while relaxing during the evenings which means I need a little earring card and a logo. (Which led to a whole bunch of things actually.)

But first up, the logo.
I have a vector file of vintage labels and found on that I liked. After changing the label part for Propriety with a twist in Jane Austen's handwriting, and the color to be more tiffany-blue/aqua, I was trying to get the logo to be squared just right. After taking the branches and skewing them, I laughed and thought it looked like the Cylon Raider toy on my desk.
And I couldn't change it back. A Cylon raider is the perfect twist to my proper little logo. Sold!

"You Can't Go Home Again," S1E5 is my favorite BSG episode.
Starbuck is the ultimate problem-solver.

So having a logo meant I needed to at the very least update the color of the blog header (but of course I couldn't just do that.) And the facebook page needed the logo / cover image, and the etsy shop needed logo and a banner for it. Oh, and instagram.

But Etsy. Banner, profile picture, and brief-brief-brief announcement/about. I'll worry about that on a weekend that I don't have a show. I have added the shop link above, under the header, and even added a product!

Might have to make a pair to keep for myself...
It's a start. (Not sold on the photo set up and need to work on my lighting. I'm so used to lighting paper, earrings are way different.)

With T painting his models every night, it's the perfect time for me to sit and craft, so that's what I've been doing. Waiting for a good hair day so I can model the necklaces that I've made. They're fancy!

Cheers,
ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment