Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Penmanship: Needs Improvement

What has happened to handwriting? Mine is dreadful; it can start of okay but as the speed increases, it gets larger, messier, and illegible. As much as I try to slow down and write neater, it just doesn't last.

This seems to be a common problem and some suggestions have been: use a fountain pen, slow down, and take a penmanship course.

Fountain pen- check!
My reward for a good show for inviting!
Speed- I write to keep up with my thoughts (a mile per minute) so this will take much practice and patience. If you have tips, I'd love to hear them!

Penmanship courses/books- there are some online, and also books (luckily not all are designed for children- many are just for improving what we already know.)

available here
Theory + practice books





Bought this in England in 1999. Available here
Available here, and for Kindle.


I'm going to try out the kindle book, review my Universal Penman (and pull out the calligraphy pens), and have added the Spencerian ones to my amazon wishlist. Do you have plans to improve your writing, or does it not need it?

Cheers,
ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment