Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Finally, the First Day of Fall

That doesn’t mean pumpkin spice lattes or pumpkin bread to me. (It used to, but now Starbucks sells pumpkin bread year round so it’s just not as special anymore.) Sure, it means I buy too many pumpkin-scented candles, and burn them religiously, but what really makes me excited about fall is the fashion.

I’m one of those strange people that follow the calendar- if the calendar says it’s fall, then I am going to dress appropriately! Just try to stop me. (Never mind the fact that I live in Austin TX and it’s still in the upper 90s. NEVER MIND THAT. Just focus on the calendar and it will be okay.)



My fall fashion rules:

No more bare legs. Bare legs are meant for summer and for the beach. That’s it. Once summer passes, no more bare legs (unless you’re at said beach.) So now I get to pull out the stockings, thigh highs, fishnets, and other mostly neutral leg coverings. (I won’t be bringing out the opaque tights until much later in the season, and then in winter it’s all you’ll see of my legs.)

 No more shorts*. I don’t wear them anyway, and I’m convinced +90% of the people who wear them shouldn’t. (Pockets should not hang below the hem, your legs should not pop out around the hem, and you shouldn’t have to pick at them with every other step. Living in Texas, that’s what I see. Skirts and dresses are so much more comfortable and flattering.)
*Unless you're at the beach, of course.

And I will be setting aside the light pink lip shades. Bold pinks still have their place, as do the classic reds, but now’s the time to pull out those great deeper shades. A favorite darker neutral of mine is Make Up Forever in N9 Copper Pink. It’s just a little darker than my natural shade, and one I’ll wear year round, but will be perfect for those “go natural” or heavier on the eyes days. (I also *just* got one, a Sephora lip stain in peony, that looks great, just not sure how long it wears yet.)

It’s also the time that I’ll start wearing more scarves. While I normally wear them year round, this spring and summer I hardly wore them at all, so I’m looking forward to bundling up (eventually).

Happy Fall!
xo
ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment